Thursday, December 6, 2007

1-2.......Buckle My Shoe

One - two.......buckle my shoe, Nenah.
Three - four, close the door.
Five -six, pick up sticks.
Seven - eight, lay them straight.
Nine - ten, start again.

Yep. We're doing it all, and now I know the real meaning of that nursery rhyme. Moi and the world's most spoiled grandchild (note the shirt) are very busy in the garden. He's very happy bouncing around in his new sandals. I'm just happy I can still get down that close to the ground.

A windy, grey day......but look - we're not wearing jackets! I'm sure that you are bundled up in Ann Arbor. Thank goodness for the Waterfront bistro with its fish & chips and great view of Kapiti Island. Gurnard was the fish of the day, but there weren't any fishing boats going out today. Too windy.......even the seagulls were hunkered down into the sand. Notice my new shoes - silver (trendy here). Unfortunately, my ones from my favorite shop in AA couldn't survive the sand and sea.

And these are the shoes I wish I had bought. This pair was purchased on Cuba Street in Wellington, but they're actually from Chicago...........doing what they can to help the trade deficit.

Coincidentally, I'm reading Snow Flower and the Secret Fan which includes details about the custom of binding young girls' feet in China. Talk about shoes that pinch your toes......what about bindings that break your toes? I'd rather be barefoot on the beach.









No comments: