Saturday, May 10, 2008

Who's Crabby Now?




I bet you're wondering what restaurant is right down the street from us here in Fort Myers. Well, disappointingly enough - it's Joe's Crab Shack. I know they're everywhere - they're everywhere, but not all of them have a marina outside. In fact, this particular one is built right on the water. There is a family (three girls and their mother) living on a catamaran that we enjoy watching while we eat. One of the waiters told us that they've been here for at least a couple years and have never been to the restaurant. They probably know something we don't. What a life that would be! I'm surprised they haven't been offered a series on reality TV.

Ignore all those items on the board and go with the bucket of crabs and the key lime pie. I could eat that every day. Of course, the feast is often interrupted by the wait staff performing an enthusiastic line dance to Y-M-C-A. (Who said there were just old fogies living down here in the swamps?) We had to hold back the world's best dancer-in-law when she was here because she was just itching to get up there with the crew and show them some moves. Reminds me of when I used to dance on the bar when I was in college. Well, that's a story for another day.

No comments: