Saturday, February 28, 2009

Last Day of February

For those of you who have just met me recently and think I don't know snow, I've shivered through my share of winters and even survived the Blizzard of 78 (although I don't have the tee shirt). However, my fondest memories are when my age was in the single digits and snow meant a big hill and a sled.

The DH certainly doesn't miss this activity during February a few years ago at our Ohoho estate. I say estate because that's what it seems like when you're shoveling that much snow off the grounds.

No snow plows down this street, and I don't believe the drive has been shoveled. Uh-huh, these scenes were in February, and in case you thought you were imagining things, that is still the Christmas greenery adorning the fence. Some years it didn't come down til it fell down.


Ah, last February in northern Florida we were dipping our toes in the Gulf. Well, I was - still a little chilly for the DH.



Today in sunny southwest Florida on the last day of a very short month which included Valentine's Day, the delightful daughter's birthday, the son-in-law's too, Mardi Gras, Edison's festival of lights, President's Day (and a visit from 44) ... we're happy to be here and wish you were here too.



2 comments:

Juli said...

The WCG wants to visit snow.

From AA to NZ said...

Take him to the South Island. I hear there's a lot of snow down there.