Friday, April 24, 2009

It's My Birthday ...

Ah, how did that song go? Leslie Gore, I think ... it's my party, and I'll cry if I want to ...

Today is my birthday: no party so no crying ... no cake so no candles ...

I think it's all those blazing candles that make us feel old. Why do we have to include one for every year - and an extra one to grow on? I say - key lime pie for everyone.

At any rate, it was a perfect day in the land of sunshine, and this birthday girl went to the beach and waved to the dolphins. And yes, I'll smile if I want to.

2 comments:

Juli said...

Happy birthday, birthday girl! What's the story behind that beautiful photo?

LuLu and Moxley's Mom said...

Happy birthday (a few days late...)! Can we come visit? Before you answer, "we" includes two 18-month-olds...

Cheers!