Wednesday, January 19, 2011

All Steamed Up


My sinuses have run amok! The doctor pronounced allergies and recommended a neti pot and a vaporizer to accompany the antihistamines. Sounds simple, n'est-ce pas? Yeah, I know. You have to plug it in. And then, and then you have to fill it, empty it, clean it, sanitize it ....... and then, you discover it has spritzed "white dust" all over the room .... and then, you have to spend the whole day dusting and vacuuming and swishing off the ceiling fans and cleansing the window shutters and........

Oh, yeah. Thanks for asking. Not. One. Bit. Better.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Unless they create a machine that can find the virus in our bodies, beat it to the ground and drag it out by our nostrils, I don't think a humidifier is going to be that impressive.
Feel better soon though.

From AA to NZ said...

Thanks, Sandra. I love your image and will be sniffing around the internet looking for the debut of that machine.

Anonymous said...

When we move to San Antonio allergies greeted me with quite a warm welcome. The neti pot does work wonders, I have my own recipe that I use, I can only share with relatives. I feel your pain. Recipe is in the mail. xoxo