Sunday, April 24, 2011

Aging Gracefully




I have posted pictures of this beach house before, both in its prime and its decline. It is, as my dad used to say, leaning toward Fisher's (I assume he meant Fisher's Funeral Home), but it cannot be torn down yet because of pending court cases etc.


Today is my birthday AND Easter. Only time Easter occurs on April 24 in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. Recently an old friend and I were talking about birthday celebrations and the various joys of aging. She said that the last birthday she couldn't wait to reach was twenty-one, and we both agreed that there was no need for a lot of hoop-la after that so I feel that although the momentous occasion merits the party of the centuries, I much prefer a glass of Prosecco at Nosh, OK. Maybe two.


So ..... sadly the house is a reminder of ourselves ...... the beauty of youth, battered by storms, damaged by time. We may be unsteady, but we are still standing.

1 comment:

Juli said...

And your grandson Six was born on Easter. Not sure how many more Easter birthdays he will have this century. Looking it up. Happy birthday!