Thursday, November 15, 2007

My Garden




Lavender blooms all year and needs no tending......how easy is that? Who needs splashy blossoms when one has a view of the sea? I don't. It's the leaves that put forth the aroma, and at one point I thought I would harvest them and make sachets for everyone. Fortunately that urge passed rather quickly.

The patch of green with the swing is the lawn, and it gets cut with a weed eater - usually in the midst of a driving rain. It seems as though the lawn-care guys wait for bad weather before they rev up their motors. Often they wear rain gear and shorts - always shorts - even on the most blustery days. I don't think it's a macho statement as much as a sexual display. Many men here have great legs and are nice enough to let us admire them - kind of like women and mini skirts. You know, the got it and flaunt it thing. However, I digress. Because the terrain is so steep, weed eaters are much more common than mowers. You even see highway crews trimming along the roadsides with them......an endless job out there in the garden.

No comments: