Sunday, August 31, 2008

The West Coast

Voila.....the Sandpiper Inn on the lake in Union Pier, Michigan. I think of this inn as my home- away-from-home. I fell in love with it the very first time I saw it. In fact, I can still remember driving over from Ann Arbor on a warm evening in June and being breathless with delight at the beauty of the place. It is the mansion at the beach you wish you had, if you had a mansion at the beach.
This is the view from our room. Does life get any better? Summer in Michigan........and how blue is that water?
Looking at things from the other side (always a good idea). I love walking to the beach through the sea grass, and sometimes there are butterflies and dragonflies along the way.
Just over the rise of the little dune is the lake. It's hard not to break into a run at this point, but the DH is usually there to caution me so I don't take a tumble in my eagerness. So difficult to focus on keeping one's feet on terra firma when one wants to fly out to that beautiful shore and splash around in the water with all the other kids.
http://www.sandpiperinn.net/
If you've never been here, you gotta make plans now.

No comments: