Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Jumpin' in the Lake

First thing.....I can't wait to get my feet in the lake. For sure......the water is never as warm as the gulf, but water is not really supposed to be that warm, is it? Otherwise, where is the cooling off on a hot summer day? However, there have been days when I've waded into the Grand Lac and lost all feeling in my feet; nevertheless, I've seen people swimming when thermal sensitivity advises otherwise. Those Michiganders sure are tough.


Our last day, the weather turned much cooler (Michigan), hinting that autumn was not far away..........or maybe it was just the remnants of Fay following us north.


More clouds today, and the waves do not tiptoe in to shore on quiet little feet. I wasn't actively searching, but I found a piece of sea glass on the beach. Always fun to imagine where it's been and what it was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beach_glass


I never tire of this view. I've threatened to pitch a tent and stay forever.

No comments: