Saturday, December 27, 2008

Before and After

Shopping for food the day before Christmas is obviously not one of my favorite activities. Truthfully, shopping for food is almost never one of my favorite activities so on this trip I had to cheer myself up with the orchid. I used to cruise the aisles sipping an iced mochaccino, but, as luck would have it, the Starbucks closed down. One day, there was just a note on the door saying buh-bye so that was the end of that. Now it's a glum business filling the grocery cart.

The day after Christmas was my first time playing the post-holiday shopping game, and I must not be very good at it because the skirt in the bag and a battery-operated pepper mill (you know how taxing twisting one of those suckers can be) were my only purchases and neither was a bargain. Note, however, that I am at the Saks end of the mall; but, regretfully, those highly touted sale prices were nowhere to be seen. Believe me - I looked.

No comments: