Thursday, June 11, 2009

Last Day of School / First Day of Summer

School's out. School's out. The teacher let the fools out. Isn't that how the ditty goes? Were the teachers shouting those lyrics? At any rate, the big yellow buses were making their last runs, and I don't think any of the students minded getting wet.

Many of the newly released prisoners headed to the playground on their first day of parole. Such joyous laughter accosted us on our walk to the market this morning. Usually the park is practically empty, but today there were groups of children swinging and blowing bubbles. I didn't know kids did that anymore - didn't stop me from catching one though. Hey! who knows when I'll get another chance?


Others preferred cooling off in the swimming pool - with a friend, of course.


Moi ... I'm spending my summer on the beach.
Like I said ... who knows when I'll get another chance.


Apologies to our friends in New Zealand who are huddled next to their stoves in their thermals.



1 comment:

Juli said...

The last couple days have been pretty mild. We didn't even light the fire!

But S. (who is living in your old house in the village) says it is FREEZING there, even with the new furnace.