Saturday, September 5, 2009

Labor Day


Have you ever taken on a project, and then said to yourself WTF was I thinking? Oh, no ..... it never happens at the beginning ...... it seems like a good idea ...... manageable ...... rewarding .... But it's not.

My mother's old photos are organized with names and dates on the backs. Mine are not. Life must have been much less hectic then. Mistake number one. Mistake number two was tossing the photos in assorted boxes and stashing them wherever. Number three was not discarding the duplicate prints. Because of my devil-may-care youthful years, I now must sort through these relics of yesteryear and try to figure out exactly which year it was and whether or not I've already scanned that image into my computer. And the whole time I'm thinking - shouldn't I be at the beach?

3 comments:

Juli said...

Let me know if you need an assistant. Will work for food and board. And a ticket to the USA.

From AA to NZ said...

I wish.

Will Ryan said...

Your descendents thank you!