Sunday, September 13, 2009

Salmon Trap


This contraption has a very long handle and a latch, and could (if it wanted to) be a shrimp trap ... or a veggie trap .... or an any kind of fish trap, but we have to go with what looks good at the market, people. So salmon it is. I have tried to be all prepared, Lord knows, with recipes I've culled for the week and a list, when I venture into the arctic in search of provisions, but the suppliers and I are never on the same page. Good God - we're not even in the same cookbook.

Back on topic - salmon can usually hold up to a good grilling without going all to pieces, but some fillets are more delicate. When the Kiwi son-in-law was here in the spring, he and the DH threw a mess of fish on the barbie, but first they had to cobble together two pieces of screen and a few coat hangers to contain the catch. So much easier this, but probably not nearly so much fun.

Wish I could send you one, mate.

1 comment:

TW said...

Ha! That reminds me of the time I tried to make pizzas on the grill... it looked so easy in the book!!!
The salmon looks very, very good. I'm sure your son was glad he made the trip.