Thursday, July 5, 2007

Driving on the Wrong Side of the Road








Speed limit is 100.

Who even looks at the speedometer? If you can't tell how fast you're going using your inner sensor by now, you shouldn't even be driving at all.

And what's so difficult about driving on the left?

http://www.maui.co.nz/new-zealand-rv-rentals/road-rules


Of course, there will be no attempts at parallel parking, but then, I don't bother with that in the States either. I did park the car in the above photo without running up over the curb although there might have been a little nervousness from the passenger seat. I'm not sure that I would be comfortable shifting gears with my left hand but automatic is OK except when you forget that the lever on the left is the windshield wipers ---- not the turn signal.


The roads in our area get busy on weekends and holidays because we're a vacation destination, but usually the traffic is not so bad....especially by US standards. Most people here in the South talk about the congestion in Auckland. The streets do seem narrower, but maybe that's because I'm driving on the wrong side of the road.


http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/roadcode/about-signs/main-types.html


For all of you Michiganders.......that's a Ford I'm driving - but it ain't made in Detroit!

No comments: