Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Eating Up the Coast II





The Waterfront is on our way to and from the shops so we probably eat lunch here more frequently. However, I never venture beyond the fish and chips on the menu, and the wine is much more pedestrian. I know. I know. Wine doesn't go with fish and chips, but what's a girl to do? The crowd, for the most part, is much younger here, and I imagine the place gets quite lively at night while we're home by the fire. Probably standing room only in the summertime. Behind me is the view down the beach toward Paekakariki. One of the walls inside is plastered with photos of sunsets. They're all great, and we'll probably have a million of them by the time we leave although, according to A, you've got to take dozens to get one good one.

And speaking of photos.........have I mentioned that I'm on a first-name basis with the guy at the Kodak shop because my new computer is not compatible with my old camera. So much for these May-December marriages.

Note that here the purse is attached to the other hand.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

Hi! It's great to read about your adventures. Thomas and I love your former home. We're so happy in the space and somehow everything fits, even after a shipment from Germany. I am guessing you don't miss it... What amazing photos! I can't imagine living in perpetual beauty. My life is more about living with perpetual jet-lag.

Thanks so much for the BBQ. Thomas uses it frequently. I would also like to thank you for the fantastic shower heads. They practically make up for not having a proper bathtub :-)

warm regards to you and Mark...
leigh & thomas
leigh.koritke@mac.com

From AA to NZ said...

It was great to receive your comments, which are truly from aa to nz, and learn that you love our loft as much as we did. However, you must admit that our view is a little better here - although being able to see the sunset is always a plus. We hope you are enjoying all the good things that Ann Arbor has to offer in the summertime.
warm regards from us in nz to you in aa.