Thursday, September 25, 2008

Cookin' in Dallas

Here I am in Big D and already the number one son has put me to work in the kitchen. (You know how I try to avoid the place - the kitchen, I mean - not Dallas. Well, maybe if my kitchen were this gi-normous, I might consider hanging out there more often.)

Hmmm...........I hadn't noticed how lethal that knife looks. Could be why the DH tries to discourage my culinary efforts.


I swear the boy never displayed a flair for manipulating pizza dough in any of my kitchens. You should have seen him tossing this dough in the air and twirling it around above our heads with absolutely no concern for possible mishaps and dire consequences.


The finished product..............a million mushroom, double cheese (I think there were shallots in there somewhere too) pizza fit for the most discriminating gourmand. I know you're asking, but there was no photo-shopping going on - this is what the actual pizza really looked like. Tasted even better than it looked.

Ah, the jig is up..............who wouldn't love a daughter-in-law who could make a pizza like this one? We must confess, Kari is the chef behind the chef d'oeuvre. She just let us help with the easy stuff.

No comments: