Friday, January 8, 2010

Cookin' with Gas

You know I can cook when I have to. Fortunately, I don't have to very often. Anyhow, this is my current kitchen, which is about as basic as a kitchen gets although it does come equipped with four stemmed wine glasses and a corkscrew.

Recipes, ingredients, peeling, chopping ............ and then, there's clean-up. Is it worth it?
My own children confessed, years later, that they waited until my back was turned and then fed their rejects to the garbage disposal. (We didn't have a dog.)


Now I just cook for the DH (really it's for myself ...... some nonsense about creative juices), and, like Mikey, he'll eat anything and like it. I think this ended up as boeuf bourguignon. Ain't no crock pot in my kitchen.


And this is the new kitchen .......... much bigger and shinier. Are those cabinets looming? And, yes, you're right. I'm washing my hands of the whole business. Nice faucet.


3 comments:

LuLu and Moxley's Mom said...

That kitchen looks gorgeous. I'd be jealous if I actually cooked...

From AA to NZ said...

Lulu & Moxley - thanks for stopping by. The secret is to have a kitchen that LOOKS like you cook!

Juli said...

I'm sorry that I didn't like those cheese sandwiches. I probably should have said something, but I didn't want to hurt your feelings. (What a first world problem. I'm so embarrassed. At least you didn't make us sit at the table until we ate everything.)

Do you really have a gas stove? I bet you aren't even allowed to have an electric stove in Texas...

Maybe you can take all the doors off those cupboards, or paint them white? (I kid.)