Thursday, March 25, 2010

High Five





I don't need to tell you that this is not rush hour in Big D, but maybe I do have to mention that you're looking at the infamous high five. Did you notice the Texas stars it's sportin'. Every time I approach (positively intimidating from the other direction), I am amazed at the engineering stupidity of it all. OK. I confess. I know nada about engineering, but shouldn't some place as HUMONGOUS as Texas not have to stack its roads all on top of each other and scrunch them together like that? And, of course, it's a national news event when the elevated levels with those amusing ninety degree loop-de-loops ice up. The semis get cold feet at the top, and the smart-ass SUVs go sliding into each other like bumper cars. Yep, drivin' ain't for sissies in the Lone Star State. Yee haw.

2 comments:

Juli said...

I'm afraid of heights. I don't think I could manage driving on that. How many hundreds of miles would I need to drive to avoid it?

x o x o u i said...

I worked and lived near that monster as it was being built. When it first opened and I drove on the southbound fly-over from 635/LBJ to get onto Central Expressway...let me tell you...I am a pretty good driver, especially in Dallas rush-hour...but that fly-over made my stomach jump into my throat!