Wednesday, March 10, 2010

We're Off to the Future

Seems like just yesterday I was off to kindergarten, and today ......... well, we won't go there. Now it's the kiwi cutie's turn to venture out into the world. He set off on his scooter on his first school visit (so I was told) all suited up in his helmet and his backpack. I don't really remember my first day at school. Like so many of my generation, I loved school mostly for the social opportunities it presented. I got A in math and F in effort, which was OK with my parents. In retrospect, perhaps they should have set higher standards. Academics were easy for me, but I never learned to push myself beyond the edges. You know that army slogan "be all that you can be?" I don't think I am; but I'm still working at it. So ....... my little grasshopper (do they have those in New Zealand?), enjoy your new adventure and take all it offers and more.

fashion note: didn't I just see this outfit in the Neiman Marcus catalogue ..... in my current size??

1 comment:

Juli said...

I love this photo! And I'm relieved that the F in effort wasn't in kindergarten. Cuties are just too little for F's! What kind of subject is effort anyway?