Sunday, March 28, 2010

Man Oh Manatee

When our Kiwi kin visited us last year in Florida, they really wanted to see the elusive manatees that inhabit the warm waterways there. Boo hoo. Nary a glimpse. So this year to celebrate the cutest Kiwi turning five, the DH and I went to see the manatees......in captivity......in Texas....in Dallas

And we found them. So we're sending pictures across the ocean to the birthday boy.

Look at me! I'm swimming upside down! The manatee may not be the most beautiful creature under the sea, but it most definitely is one of the most graceful. According to African folklore, the gentle giants were thought to have been human at one time. Big, non-aggressive herbivores? I think not.


So, to our friends down under (I know. I try), hello


and good-bye.

1 comment:

Juli said...

Oh, man. Those big sea cows are so...cute. Must get back and see them soon.