Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Lunar Eclipse


I tried and I tried, but I just could not get a good photo of the eclipse. A total eclipse - only happens every seven years. The moon turned completely red. It was the most fabulous sight - another of those "had to be there" moments. I was teetering atop a chair on our deck, pointing the camera through the lattice, attempting to capture an unobstructed view of that awesome color with the stars dancing around, but it was too dark and I couldn't even find the darn thing through the view finder (have you ever noticed how small that little peephole is.....especially when you're accustomed to just pointing and checking with the digital preview.....and if you're wearing glasses, you can't even get your eye up close enough to see anything, and then before you know it you're seeing double......). Anyhow, you can see where I'm going with this. It was too dark and my camera is not powerful enough. Hell, my camera is practically archaic.....my laptop refuses to even recognize it. The above photo is from the front garden at the beginning of the eclipse. The rest of the show was much more spectacular. Check out these links.
Cheers.

No comments: