Monday, August 27, 2007

Sunrise - Sunset




I love these days when the sea and the sky are the same color. Oh, heck, I love any day that I'm looking at the ocean - or Lake Michigan, for that matter. Sometimes when the day is dismal, it's difficult to see the horizon. The sun didn't shine and the skies didn't brighten up much, but the day was warm and there was no wind. Even now at 11:30 PM the temperature is almost 60 degrees. (Remember it's still winter over here on the other side.) There was no setting of the sun because there was no sun. Ho-hum, I said. No excuse to admire the nightly performance and postpone prepping dinner. Go out, you say? Nice try. I'd already finagled lunch at the new cafe in the village and didn't want to press my luck. After all, we do have a kitchen. Pity.

POW. All of a sudden the sky is on fire. Photos cannot do it justice although I snap a few dozen anyway. Tomorrow night a full lunar eclipse is scheduled. The weather forcast does not look promising, but hey! how often do those guys get it right? Stay tuned. Oh, and did I mention that we experienced another earthquake over the weekend? Just a shimmy, but it got our full attention.

So don't feel that you're out there alone with Mother Nature's wrath. There's danger lurking everywhere - even here in paradise.

No comments: