Monday, August 13, 2007

Stormy Seas

Good to know that these guys are coming to get you if you get into troubled waters.

Some days the ocean is all calm and clear blue; others, all angry and dark gray. Just like us, I guess.

We saw three women with their jeans rolled up to their knees wading in the water yesterday. I haven't had my bare feet near the water since the first day we arrived - not because the water was so cold, mind you, but the sand bugs chewed up my ankles. Aren't they supposed to hibernate?

Even the surfer dudes in their wet suits have bare feet - better to grip the board, my dear. Love to watch them, but, like I said, not getting my feet wet. Of course, some (the world's cutest grandbaby) love to fling their socks off and wriggle their toes in the sand - sometimes up to their knees. Keeps a mum on her toes! Tough job, being a mum, but the rewards are great. Fortunately, we nuh-nahs just get to reap the rewards. However, I did change my first nappie today - I may have gotten it on backwards, but I don't think he'll tell on me.

No comments: