Friday, July 31, 2009

Sea Fever

July two years ago, this was our back yard in Paekakariki, New Zealand. Notice how blue the Pacific Ocean is. Also notice that I am not in the water because, people, July is winter in NZ and the water is damn cold. Of course, the Pacific is always cold - no matter the season.

Last July we were in Florida, USA. The water is not quite so blue, but a heck of a lot warmer; and yes, people, I'm frolicking in it.


This July we're still in FLA.
I must down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume and the sea-gulls crying.

-John Maesfield (1878-1967)

4 comments:

Juli said...

The Pacific isn't cold in Hawaii. Let's meet there next time. Love your new profile photo!

From AA to NZ said...

Sounds like a perfect plan!

TW said...

I don't think I realized how much bluer the water is in NZ...; so, is it warm water there in December?

From AA to NZ said...

Not as warm as the Gulf of Mexico!