Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June with a Spoon


Yeah, I know. Looks as though I've been dragged into the kitchen again, kicking and screaming in protest. Didn't we already eat today? Hey, I'm the one who was paying attention last century when the scientists promised that we would eliminate meats and veggies and merely be able to swallow a palmful of capsules for nourishment. Still waiting.

It's too hot to cook, y'all. Can't we just have a Popsicle and call it a day? Even the refrigerator is having a melt down and refuses to respond when I press its digital temperature buttons. So confusing ....... is a higher number cooler? Shouldn't it be the other way? Where is the frickin' bottle of nutritional pills?

For those of you who are still hung up on food prep, I don't remember where I found this recipe, but it was actually quite tasty and easy as boiling water. Pasta, cantaloupe, arugula, fontina cheese, and homemade poppyseed dressing. It's summer. You're welcome.



1 comment:

Juli said...

That looks so divine. Of course, I could eat pasta for every meal and never get bored. Mmm, pasta.