Sunday, August 1, 2010

Summer in the City

This frowzy geranium had perky blooms not too long ago. Perhaps if she used a good moisturizer, her leaves wouldn't get so dry and crackly. I attempted to move her out of the hot sun, but she turned all weepy and moldy on me. After I removed all the unsightly bits, she's having another go at a spot in the sun, but I don't really hold much hope for her .... maybe a more heat resistant pot?

It's summer in Dallas when:

it is not a dry heat
the thermometer is stuck above 100 degrees outdoors
the AC is below freezing indoors
car convertible tops are up
restaurant patios are deserted
the supermarket ices down your purchases for the ride home
the alley cats have disappeared
it never rains
hot water comes out of both faucets
there's no ice in ice cream.

What can I say? When it's hot, we're hot. The geranium too.






1 comment:

Juli said...

My supermarket doesn't ice things down. You have to bring a chilly bin and DIY.