Saturday, August 21, 2010

Too Hot to Cook








I have mentioned how hot it is here in Texas, land-of-the-free-home-of-the-brave, haven't I?

Yes, you have. Waaay too often.

And did I tell you how I strive to limit my time in the k-room?

Uh-huh. (yawn)

We had lunch at a very fancy French bistro this week .....

Indeed.

And the owner extolled the virtues of a very nice chilled melon soup they were offering that day.......

Do tell.

I giggled to myself, "Why I made that myself this week."

You don't say.

Watch for my new cookbook Almost Cooking coming to a bookstore near you.

3 comments:

Juli said...

I adore the hot. Melon soup looks divine. And Almost Cooking sounds like a bestseller!

Anonymous said...

AA? Alcoholic Anon?

From AA to NZ said...

Hi Derek, thanks for stopping by.
I began my blog 3 years ago, traveling from Ann Arbor, MI for an extended stay in New Zealand. Thus, From AA to NZ. My postings seemed to be an efficient way to stay connected with friends left behind in Ann Arbor and various cities in the US. Currently located in Dallas *on my way to who knows where* and too darn lazy to retitle my blog. Perhaps it is time.....